And one of the fruits of His Presence is peace. That means it’s already yours. So you can call it up. Rely upon it any time you feel chaos coming your way.
You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in You. ISAIAH 26:3
“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” JOHN 14:27
A Surprising Bonus
For the past several years – in the midst of some pretty heavy trials – I have often found that practicing God’s Magnificent Peace spontaneously produces Unspeakable Joy.
Has that ever happened to you?
Even when I don’t understand …
What’s important is how they go about it. Among couples with lasting marriages…
- About 80% of complaints came from wives. However, they raised issues gently and brought them up sooner rather than later.
- In addition, husbands were willing to be influenced by their wives and to change their behavior.
- Neither spouse became upset enough with one another to raise their heart rates above 95 beats per minute.
- They didn’t escalate their arguments, but used humor, reassurance, and distraction to ease the tension.
- In fact, successful couples made at least 5 positive remarks or gestures for every negative during an argument. (Remember, when they weren’t arguing, the ratio was about 20 to 1.)
He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20-21
If you want enough faith to move mountains, you must learn:
- to SEE your life the way The Lord sees it,
- to BELIEVE what He says is The Truth,
- and KNOW how much He loves you.
The thief doesn’t want you to have Double Goodness. He doesn’t ever want you to know that Your Dream is God’s Possibility! And he does everything he can to distract you. To draw your attention away from Jesus. Because he knows Jesus will tell you that there is a Really Big Difference between the enemy’s goals and The Father’s goals for your life:
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10
Don’t be surprised when the thief tries to make
you believe Your Dream is beyond all hope!
What does that look like for you right now?
- Are you feeling defeated in one or more areas of your life?
- Or are you able to recognize what’s happening in the spiritual realm?
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.Romans 12:21
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because The One who is in you is Greater than the one who is in the world. 1 John 4:4