There’s nothing more beautiful than loving someone who actually loves you back.~ Dr. Debi
Dr. Debi is passionate about helping Christian couples and single adults find more effective ways to apply biblical principles (values) and the findings of scientific research to everyday life.
- She worked with men, women, couples, and families in Orange, Los Angeles, and Ventura counties in California for 25 years before closing her Clinical Psychology Practice in August 2021.
- She helped launch numerous Marriage Programs at local churches, training pastors, marriage mentor couples, and mental health professionals who needed help learning to work more effectively with couples.
- As a mother sons, she developed intense interest in and her unique expertise in the Psychology of Men and Marriage.
- Now living in Central Texas, Dr. Debi is dedicated to teaching and coaching around the world.
About Dr. Debi’s Education & Teaching Experience
Dr. Debi earned her Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology at MidAmerica Nazarene University, and her Master of Arts (MA) and Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) at Biola University. She also taught courses at both universities, as well as at Azusa Pacific University from 2002 to 2010.
Hello, I’m Dr. Debi,
Author, Educator, Coach, and Founder of A Wise Woman’s Guide.
Here’s how it all began.
For more than a decade, I had been teaching women biblically-sound, research-based info that could help them understand and be in joyful partnership with the men they love.
That task completed (like it ever could be, right?), I decided to conduct a survey to find out what my readers wanted next.
In particular, I wondered how I might find ways to encourage Christian men to build satisfying relationships through leadership filled with confidence & compassion (1 PETER 3:7).
The results surprised me.
One man believed I should focus on inspiring and helping men become better leaders.
He suggested I begin by reading his all-time favorite Christian book about “real” manhood.
I took his suggestion seriously.
But as I dove into the text, I realized the author failed to address Man’s need for Woman.
- He placed the entire burden of responsibility for EVERYTHING on Man ALONE.
- He ignored the partnership God has designed. See Genesis 2:18, 1 Corinthians 11:9.
That’s when I had a “suddenly” moment. Like you read about in the Bible. The good kind, of course.
Suddenly! An Instant Awareness of Amazing Truth
Suddenly I realized that most women – including myself – don’t fully understand our value & our purpose in today’s world.
Therefore, I continued my mission as-is. To seek deeper understanding of what it means to be a Christian woman in relationship with a man.
Far too many books & events for women fail to address our Biblical Partnership with men. Especially with our husbands.
And I had another “suddenly” moment.
Women – in God’s original design – are way more important on this earth than we’ve been led to believe!
Wisdom is personified as a Woman!
Who knew, right?
And women are a major theme in the Book of Proverbs. Both good and bad.
However, this verse jumped out at me first:
The Wise Woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down. PROVERBS 14:1
So who is this Wise Woman?
- How does she think differently than the foolish one?
- How does she truly feel about her life & love?
- What does she do differently daily?
Be brave. Be confident. Be focused on Goodness.
- Grow in your Faith.
- Be more confident in your femininity.
- Learn to co-create your own Joyful Marriage.
Biblical Beauty & Romance
A man & woman dancing together in three-quarter time is the best metaphor for – and experience of – Romance.
- He takes the lead. She follows.
- He guides & protects her.
- She inspires & influences him, even as she admires him & makes him look good to anyone who’s watching.
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. ~ Ephesians 5:21
This passage applies to the body of believers in fellowship with one another, so it naturally applies to husbands and wives as well.
Fred, Dr. Debi, and the Dance With Me Team demonstrate Victorian-style dance at Mariners Church in Irvine, CA.
Music by Spare Parts, used by permission, CD “Returning Heroes,” song “La Cachucha,” available for purchase @ http://www.bfv.com/spareparts/
However, the way husbands & wives submit to one another is easily misunderstood in our current culture. So we teach men & women what mutual submission looks like in the 21st Century. Couples attend to one another’s needs and are responsive to one another in light of his/her unique design and purpose.