What’s your primary concern today? Is it your marriage? Your children? Your relationships? Your finances? Your home? Your job? Your health? If you’re like most of us, you probably spend a lot of time and energy trying to figure out how to change your situation and circumstances. Finding the solution – no matter what problems occupy your mind today – begins with a single step: to abide in Jesus. In fact, abiding will always be Your Number One Priority.
I hope yesterday’s post started you thinking about Who God is for you and helped you remember where your identity originates. There’s a lot more to say on those topics, so we’ll get back to them later. But for today, let’s consider your mental focus.
Jesus said, “I am the Vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing. ” (John 15:5)
That’s the perfect picture of what it means to abide in Jesus!
- Stay attached.
- Keep your mental focus on Him.
- Remember that He will never leave you.
How do you do that? It takes work to be sure. But it’s pleasant work.
- Start your day – even before your coffee – by thanking Him for being with you.
- Whenever your thoughts wander to something troubling, bring them back into focus by recalling Scripture that addresses your situation.
- Thank Him that it’s His pleasure to instruct you, to bless you and keep you, and to provide for your needs.
- What is your Number Once Concern today? Right now. This very minute.
- What Scripture comes to mind for your situation? If nothing pops up, you can do a quick keyword search here.
Post your comments here or send me a message > firstname.lastname@example.org