What’s your primary concern today? Is it your marriage? Your children? Your relationships? Your finances? Your home? Your job? Your health? If you’re like most of us, you probably spend a lot of time and energy trying to figure out how to change your situation and circumstances. Finding the solution – no matter what problems occupy your mind today – begins with a single step: to abide in Jesus. In fact, abiding will always be Your Number One Priority.
I hope yesterday’s post started you thinking about Who God is for you and helped you remember where your identity originates. There’s a lot more to say on those topics, so we’ll get back to them later. But for today, let’s consider your mental focus.
[callout]Jesus said, “I am the Vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing. ” (John 15:5)[/callout]
That’s the perfect picture of what it means to abide in Jesus!
- Stay attached.
- Keep your mental focus on Him.
- Remember that He will never leave you.
How do you do that? It takes work to be sure. But it’s pleasant work.
- Start your day – even before your coffee – by thanking Him for being with you.
- Whenever your thoughts wander to something troubling, bring them back into focus by recalling Scripture that addresses your situation.
- Thank Him that it’s His pleasure to instruct you, to bless you and keep you, and to provide for your needs.
- What is your Number Once Concern today? Right now. This very minute.
- What Scripture comes to mind for your situation? If nothing pops up, you can do a quick keyword search here.
Post your comments here or send me a message > firstname.lastname@example.org
Being created in the image of God means we are designed to reflect aspects of His character. love. hope. passion.wisdom. faithfulness. joy.power. peace. goodness. Which of these is...
You feel all alone. This is not how you had your life or your love planned. You have hoped & dreamed & been disappointed. Over & over again. You don’t understand....