For more than a decade, my focus has been teaching women the Truth about men. That most of what we’ve believed about them has been a lie. Because the state of Christian Marriage has made it crystal clear that women – and men, too – are in great need of a Paradigm Shift.* And I still believe that’s true. But it’s not all we need to change.
We also need an understanding of Paradox in the Kingdom of Heaven (Luke 17:21). Have you ever noticed that God’s logic often doesn’t make sense? Two apparently conflicting concepts contained in the same Truth. For example:
- Give in order to receive. (Luke 6:38)
- Lose your life to find it. (Matthew 10:39)
- Die in order to live. (Romans 8:13)
An Error in Contemporary Christian Thought
A well-known author began his most popular book with the statement: “It’s not about you.” Clearly he’s missing another important Paradox. Perhaps the most important Paradox.
[callout]Although it’s implicit throughout the Bible,
we’ve overlooked this one Truth for far too long.[/callout]
The Bible is God’s Love Story …
- to show us Who He is and
- to let us know how important we are to Him.
After all, He created us in His Image to become the Beloved Bride of Christ.
- His dreams and desires for us (Deuteronomy 6:10-12)
- His longing to be in loving relationship with us (Matthew 23:37)
- His intention to make us more and more like His Beloved Son (2 Corinthians 3:17-18)
Do you see the Paradox?
- It’s all about you, Friend, AND it’s all about God.
THE BOTTOM LINE QUESTION:
Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person,
though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die.
But God demonstrates His own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Since we have now been justified by His blood,
how much more shall we be saved
from God’s wrath through Him!
* Paradigm Shift – a fundamental change in approach or underlying assumptions.