Life can be confusing. Things don’t always turn out like we expected. Problems defy solving. We drift from one thing to another. Looking for meaning. So why are you here? As I see it, the answers are simple. All you need is to realize three reasons you are here. On this earth. At this time in history. Although I believe the reasons are the same for all of us, how we play them out is a matter of our individual stories.
1. You are here to love.
2. You are here to be loved.
3. You are here to take dominion over something.
Life isn’t just one big love fest. But love is the at the core of everything else. Including the particular way you are created to make this world a better place. And, yes, that’s natural, too. To take back what was stolen. To restore. To renew. To rejoice. Genesis 1:28, Ephesians 2:10
Natural? Yes, you are created for these reasons.
Your desire to love, to be loved, and to make a difference is in your DNA. That means it’s “natural” for you.
You also have an adversary. Every hero does.
He’s there to mess things up. To drag your thinking sideways. He tweaks things to make you think …
- You have to be strategic (manipulative) with your love.
- That you are unlovable. Or that love is owed to you.
- And he often convinces you that taking dominion comes first. But it doesn’t. It rises naturally from loving and being loved.
QUESTION: If you were to make a list of reasons you are here, what would be at the top of your list?