Our perspective is naturally limited by what we see around us. Things look very different from above. You can always ask The Lord to show you how things look from where He is. He delights in showing you His ways. And He has a glorious purpose for your life. It may not look glorious to anyone else. But it will to you.
A better perspective requires two, closely-related ways of approaching life.
First, love God.
- Delight in your personal relationship with Him. Talk to Him about everything. Absolutely everything.
- He knows that you are only dust. And He totally understands your feelings … and your frustrations. So be honest with Him.
- Remember His promises. Especially the ones about not leaving you and helping you overcome everything that comes against you.
- Listen for His voice. He may just listen to you for awhile. But He will speak to you.
- Always give Him thanks. Lots of thanks.
Then it will be easier for you to love yourself & to love others.
- Especially those who have hurt you.
- Respect each person’s free will. God does. Even so, always hope and pray and believe for God’s best in their lives.
- Speak words of blessing and think kind thoughts.
- Imagine what The Lord will do.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways
and My thoughts than your thoughts.”