Like most older students (I was 40 by the time I started college), I wanted the content of my studies to have practical application to everyday life. As a single mother raising three sons, choosing my topic was easy. Every paper I wrote was about boys and men.
Writing my dissertation on Mothers & Sons was also the obvious choice, in part because I had already collected so much information, but also because I realized I had so much more to learn!
I still wanted to know …
- How men think
- What – if anything – men feel
- Why they tend to do what they do
And once I earned my doctorate, I had more opportunity to conduct my own qualitative, case study research. I was in for a real surprise. Men have been eager to share with me. Probably because I’m one of the few women who has cared enough to ask. And I don’t try to change them. That’s not what they need.
Men need to be understood and respected because:
- They not only have different biology, they have very different life experiences that lead to a totally different worldview.
- Men feel very deeply. In fact, they are far more sensitive than we think they are. Even more sensitive than a woman – about certain things.
- Their behavior reflects their God-given purpose on this earth and/or the frustrations around its non-fulfillment.
Learn more in this free preview > A Wise Woman’s Guide to Creating a Joyful Marriage