Men are creatively designed by God to Protect. Provide. Problem-Solve. Please.
Man protects instinctively. He protects the people he loves … and sometimes even people he doesn’t love … and sometimes even people he loves – or doesn’t love – who happen to be angry at him at the time.
Remember that he’s more sensitive than a woman.
And here’s where this characteristic comes beautifully into play. His radar is alert for danger.
- he takes action …
- or gives advice …
- or tries to solve the problem … Which a woman often hates because she doesn’t understand his intent. She erroneously believes he’s trying to fix her or just shut her up.And instead of analyzing his emotions,
Although that last statement may be partially true (sorry for being so frank), it’s mostly that a man doesn’t like to see someone he loves suffering.
- He wants her pain to stop … and to stop now.
- So he gives advice. He’s trying to protect his woman from further hurt. She can appreciate how really sweet that is of him if she understands why he’s doing it.
However, his sensitivity can backfire in a heartbeat.
If he feels like he is being attacked, blamed, or criticized, he will go on the defensive … to protect himself rather than his woman.
Most of the time, women have absolutely no clue that they might be saying or doing anything
that could be even remotely related to attack, blame, or criticism.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS about Male Leadership
- If you’re a man, does this description fit your own mindset?
- If you’re a woman, is this new information?
How might you use it to bring you closer to the love of your life?