First, he needs to know that you are following him. Even if he’s not a very seasoned leader.
Because a man can never become a really great leader if no one is willing to follow him.
In a word, he needs your willingness to submit to his leadership.
- Submission really means that you trust and respect him.
- It does not mean that you follow him blindly and mindlessly.
Second, he really needs your feedback.
Both Scripture and research show that men need to be open to the influence of their wives. Otherwise, they’re doomed to fail.
However, your feedback must never be
in the form of criticism, attack, blame, or advice.
What he desperately needs to hear is when he is getting it right … when he’s doing something that pleases you … that makes you happy.
And remember he needs you to help him look good to anyone who’s watching. He’ll stand taller and work harder than you ever thought possible. Yes, just give him that, and he’ll pull out all the stops to please you – more so than you ever imagined.
- How many women today are willing to submit to their husband’s leadership?
- What type of feedback do you see most women give to men?
- What kind of results do they get?