Big Changes – whether positive or negative – are fraught with Feelings … in Floods & Flurries. It’s just part of being human, you know. Experience has made us all overly cautious. And our emotions can quickly make us Default. Pulling back again into our shame and self-protection.
Our flesh collects “evidence”
that keeps us focused on fear
… painful reminders of past
rejection & failure.
- Thereby we play into the enemy’s pernicious plan.
- He is the only one who wants us totally consumed.
- By hurt, sadness, fear, anger, guilt, shame.
Big Changes & Roadside Rumble Strips
In the natural/physical realm, rumble strips warn us that we’re veering off course.
So what if our unpleasant emotions are actually spiritual rumble strips?
Signals that evil is trying to pull us off the very course that Our Creator wants us to take?
- The enemy’s intention is for us to DEFAULT to freak-out mode.
- Doubt our identity and the Goodness of God.
- Derail. Over-correct. Drive completely off the road.
- The Lord’s intention is for us to RESET to who we are in Christ.
- Run toward Him as Much-Loved Children.
- Refocus on The Father’s Love. Be restored to A Higher Calling.
Are you facing Big Changes Today?
Whether those Big Changes include something you’ve wanted for a long time, or something you have dreaded, you get to choose your response to your own emotions, Friend.
Default or Reset?
It takes practice. Lots of practice! Tough? Yes. And so worth it!
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” ISAIAH 30:21